|Fr. Jeff is the first to go down the slide at our 2017 Festival||The Parish Secretary and the Pastor compete on the obstacle course at our 2017 Festival|
Here are some of Fr. Jeff’s Educational Videos
- “What Comes After the Jubilee Year of Mercy?” – In this presentation, Fr. Jeff discusses the meaning of mercy, how it relates to our faith, and how we live it out in our lives. (64 minutes with Q & A)
- “The Roots of Catholic Social Teaching” – Many people think Catholic Social Teaching is something new. After all, there was never a complete document on it by a Pope until Pope Leo XIII wrote Rerum Novarum in 1891. Yet, if we truly understanding church teaching we learn that our social teaching goes back to Jesus’ words in Matthew 25:31-46 to feed the hungry. In fact, we can also find its roots in the Old Testament. In this presentation, Fr. Jeff explores the roots of Catholic Social Teaching and use it to talk about how church teaching in general develops.(63 minutes with Q & A)
- “So What’s on the Altar?” – In this short video Fr. Jeff shows us what is on the altar during the Liturgy of the Eucharist and explains what each thing is. (7.5 minutes)
- “Lenten Customs” – In this video, Fr. Jeff leads a discussion about our Lenten customs. What are they AND why do we do them? (72 minutes)
- “Navigating the Bible” – In this video, Fr. Jeff leads a discussion about why the Bible is important to us and how we might approach reading it.
- “Evangelization and Apologetics” – In this video, Fr. Jeff leads a discussion about how might go about sharing our faith.
- “What It Means to be a Church” – In this video, Fr. Jeff leads a session on what it means for us to be a Church.
- “The Journey to Jesus” – In this video, Fr. Jeff explores what it means to talk about our faith “journey” and the necessity of silence.
- “The Journey to Jesus: Acts of Mercy” – In this video, Fr. explores how silence and acts of mercy go together as well as how our acts of mercy reveal Jesus to the world and help us see Jesus in others.
- “Why Is It So Hard to Forgive Myself (and others)?” – We know we need forgiveness, yet it can be hard to think that God will forgive us. We think we are not worthy. We might think that because we keep committing the same sins over and over that God will stop forgiving us. When someone offends us over and over, we might want to stop forgiving them. Fortunately for us, God is not like that. What other reasons do we have to think we shouldn’t be forgiven? Why else might we not want to forgive someone else? Fr. Jeff explores these questions in this presentation on forgiveness.
- “Advent: Preparing for the Incarnation” – When people hear the word “advent” in a religious setting, the first thing that often comes to mind is Christmas. “Incarnation” is the word we use to speak of how Jesus, who was and is fully divine became human just like us. We are called to go deeper and think about what the Incarnation means for us. Advent can be a time for this.
- “Are They Rules or a Way of Life: A Look at the Ten Commandments and the Beatitudes” – The Ten Commandments are given to us by God. They are often viewed as legal code to be followed. They are more than that. The Beatitudes speak of how we receive what we give to others. In this presentation, Fr. Jeff speaks about both the Commandments and the Beatitudes are a way of life that helps be better Christian disciples.
Be sure and check out our pictures page!